Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Czech Republic

We finally had a beautiful day here in Prague! I already loved this city through the cold and rain, but man it is AMAZING with some nice weather! The sun was out all day, and it was about 70 degrees - just perfect :)



We got up early this morning and went to Vysehrad (the other castle), and it was very pretty. There's a neat cemetery on the grounds that was really neat also. The best part about the castle was the view of the city from some of the look outs.




After we went and saw the castle, I went on a nice little run by the river. The weather was so nice that I just wanted to be outside! My idea of running outside involves running down a caliche road or just a street, so this was a whole new experience. The only bad part is that I inhaled so much second hand smoke that I'm not sure I actually received any kind of health benefit lol. Nevertheless, it was nice to just be outside! I stopped a few times to take some pictures and mostly just catch my breath! In this picture you can kind of see how high the water got on the river.



After my run and class, we met up with our professors and went to a small production that was put on by some former Tech students. It was very entertaining and insightful! We all went to eat together afterwards at a really nice French restaurant that was delicious.

In less than 24 hours I will be on my way to GREECE!!!! At midnight tomorrow Nicole, 2 other girls, 2 boys, and I will take a train from Prague to Vienna. From there, we will fly to Athens! We will be there until Sunday morning when our cruise heads out at 11. Over the duration of the cruise we will be visiting Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Rhodes, Crete, and Santorini! We will be back in Prague on June 15th. I am not planning on taking my laptop, so I probably won't post again here until I am back in Prague. I will have my phone though, so I will still be able to check Facebook and my email. Please say a prayer for safe travels! 

If you need anything or just want to talk to me, feel free to imessage, fb message, or email me any time! dobrou noc from Praha! :) 

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment